DEAR AMY: we never ever thought i might be composing for you.
Columnist Amy Dickinson (Bill Hogan/Chicago Tribune)
My family and I come in our eighties, hitched for over three decades, with grown kids from previous failed marriages.
My partner arrived to participate me as soon as we had been hitched, making her task and some family.
She had resided in my own area formerly and now we had friends that are mutual.
Now she states it is her turn: She would like to go 400 kilometers away to be near to her son. We go along fine with him and their household. That’s not the difficulty.
The issue is, i love it right here where I’m close to my children and lifelong buddies. Where her son everyday lives we don’t understand anyone.
She claims i will remain where our company is residing if i do want to, but she’s making. We don’t think she means it.
- Ask Amy: Dejected teen gets just advice that is cold beloved relative
- Ask Amy: This other girl stepped in before I happened to be finished with my better half
- Ask Amy: The man-boys are operating crazy in my own household, and I’m tired of it
- Ask Amy: we objected to my neighbor’s party. I was called by him a snoop.
- Ask Amy: She lied concerning the playdate and place my kids at an increased risk
She additionally states that when she does not get, she’ll simply remain right here and rot, and I also think she implies that.
I wish to compromise: I’ll provide to get her settled in her new house, see frequently, and stay here me, but I want to live what’s left of my life where I am if she needs.
I do believe I’m in a no-win situation. Exactly exactly What do you realy state?
DEAR NO-WIN: we go on it as a considering the fact you two are longtime lovers and parents, you love the other person and that, preferably, you’d both be happy and in addition be together.